Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow we're spending all day at a bluegrass festival...Lake Cumberland Bluegrass Festival.

I get to hear Steve Day on the fiddle, playing with David Parmley and Continental Divide, and the Lindseys will be playing as well. I'm not personally a huge fan of DP & CD, but Day's fiddle is great. It's going to be fun...hope the weather stays nice! We've got picnic stuff all ready, and are looking forward to it.

Well, I am. I think Dad is, too, and maybe Titus. I know Mom, Dave, and Philip aren't too crazy about going... :( They're not big into bluegrass like I am. Titus is going crazy learning hard intro stuff on the banjo (Ron Stewart playing with Dan Tyminski) by ear, so he's all into my CDs right now. He'll enjoy it, I think.

Here's my post from this time last year.

Last weekend, my family and I went to Lake Cumberland Bluegrass Festival. The highlight of the event was the evening show by J.D. Crowe. He had played earlier in the day, and I was somewhat dissapointed because he didn’t have a fiddle player with him. But, when he got up to play his evening show, there was a fiddler with the band, and turns out, it was Ronnie Stewart! So I was pretty excited! I also just wanted to share a few pictures of my ever-enthusiastic family, trying to put on the show of having a grand time at a bluegrass festival.



And Mom and Philip were trying to amuse themselves by…walking!


We had these wraps for lunch, and I’ll blog on those another time…


~Kayla

Sooo...maybe everyone will be more enthusiastic tomorrow? Maybe I should remind everyone to bring pillows this year...

=))

See y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment