Saturday, August 27, 2011

Avocados...

Well, this past week, I needed to make some guacamole. So, I went to Walmart (the evil empire...hey, I have limited choices) and the avocados I usually get were green...like, bright green. I couldn't cook with them, and we had to have guacamole. However, they did have these other avocados...these huge, funny looking ones. My aunt (sorry...my Mom's incredibly young sister who isn't old enough to have a niece my age) had called me a couple weeks before to see if I thought she could use this other kind, because the regular ones were really expensive, and you get more bang for your buck with these bigger ones. I told her I didn't know, because I'd never used them. Well, I called her this past week from the avocado section at Walmart and asked how they were, and she said they were fine, good, actually.

So I bought them.

Never listen to your Mom's incredibly young sister who isn't old enough to have a niece my age.

Ok, so I'm just kidding.

I bought these big funny-looking avocados, and brought them home. I tell you, have you ever seen the really old Tarzan movie where they have company (from New York or something) and Jane hammers open an ostrich egg? That is exactly what I felt like, cutting that thing open! Here's a picture to prove it...it was too ripe and a little icky looking when I got it open. But I have big hands, and it wasn't easy for me to hold this like I was holding it.


It really loses a lot of the punch if you don't know the scene in the Tarzan movie, I guess! Oh, well...take my word for it, it was funny!


1 comment:

  1. I really love your description of me!! ;) Sometimes having 5 kids makes me feel NOT incredibly young...so thanks! :)
    As for the avocado, I don't reacall our's looking that, uh, yucky in the middle. And our's really did taste good! Like you said, your's must have been too ripe.
    Tara (Pam's incredibly young sister who isn't old enough to have a niece Kayla's age!) ;)

    ReplyDelete