Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shrimp and Feta with Pasta

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...please go buy The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. cookbook. It will be be the best $5 you'll ever spend. We keep making recipes out of it, and we've loved every single one of them. How often do you love every recipe in one cookbook?

So, a couple nights ago, we had this shrimp and feta stuff for supper. Having made it before, sticking to the recipe quite uncharacteristically, I branched out a little bit this time. Very little, but a little. Here's my take on this recipe.

Melt a hunk of butter in a skillet. If you have to have an amount, I'd say 2 tablespoons. More or more. :D


Now, in goes some shrimp. I used 3-12 oz bags of medium-size frozen shrimp. They were already peeled and deveined, and I took the tails off. You don't have to de-tail them, but we find it a whole lot easier to take the tails off before cooking them, so you don't have to play around in the food after it's cooked. :)


Throw in a little crushed red pepper...easy, don't overdo it!


And season with a little Tony Chachere's, or salt and pepper...


And cook until the little shrimp guys turn pink...


When they're done, transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish...


Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese....I probably used about a cup.


Now, set that aside for now, and melt more butter in your skillet. Probably another 2-4 tablespoons. Just a good size hunk. :)


Crush in some garlic. I think I ended up using 6 or 8 small cloves, but I always use a lot of garlic in my cooking. I always at least double what the recipe says.


Cook that for just a minute...just until the garlic is a tiny bit done and smelling wonderful. Don't get it too done!


Now in goes 2-14 oz cans of diced tomatoes. I'm loving the fire-roasted ones, but any kind will do just fine.


Stir that up...


Add about 1/2 a cup of white wine...or a generous splash, is how I measured it.


Now, add some basil, oregano, and fresh-ground black pepper...




Simmer for 10 minutes or so...


And then pour over the shrimp and feta, and pop it into a 400* oven for another 10 minutes.



Serve over pasta...Dad likes angel hair...


Or, if you're no-carbing it, it's even good without the noodles!


This is soooo yummy...and it's really quick, too. You can have it ready in 30 minutes! (Less time than it takes to edit and upload the pictures and then blog about it, apparently!)

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment