Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Days...

I decided to answer this comment in a post, instead of a reply comment. I thought it might get long...not like I'll talk a lot or anything... :)

Betsy says, "You always sound SO busy! Do you ever have a lazy day? What do you do then? =) Betsy "

Well, the easiest answer is that I don't usually post about doing nothing, because I've done just that...nothing! I don't think it sounds very interesting to tell everyone that I didn't do anything! So, if you see archive posts reposted, it's either that I did nothing interesting enough to write about that day, or that I was too busy doing interesting stuff to write abuut. Probably the former, though...if I do something interesting, I'll most likely squeeze in a minute to tell y'all about it!

Lazy days? What are those? Ok, ok...yes, I do have lazy days. I guess I just don't come on here and say "I slept in today, grabbed a bagel for breakfast, left the kitchen dirty, surfed the internet with no purpose, made a sandwich for lunch, watched goofy YouTube videos, drank coffee and ate cookies, blogged about something I made last week, reheated leftovers for supper, watched a movie, and went to bed."

Now, I'm not saying that's a lazy day for me...that's a little extreme! That's just an examle of what I might say...

I have a hard time sometimes seeing normal, everyday days as productive. I guess I want to really see progress at the end of the day to feel like I've really been busy and gotten things done! Like, I'd like to see a pile of new purses, several leashes, and two batches of cookies done, you know? It's the little things I need to work on seeing as really getting something done....the dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, laundry, that sort of stuff. So, even on days where I don't really see myself as being productive, or write about getting a ton of stuff done, I will have done some of the above. I know that is an area where I need to change my viewpoint...I know once I get married and have my own family, I'll need to know for sure that I've had a good, productive day even if "all" I've done is clean the house and feed the babies! I know that those are good things, things that do matter, not how many purses I will have made! Although I would definitely like to have some sort of side business that I can work on, my focus certainly will change in that stage of my life.

I guess, in short, laziness isn't looked upon very highly around here, so it's something we try to avoid. :) It's not the best feeling in the world for everyone else to be busy out doing their work and every time they walk through the room, you're surfing random blogs or doing some other thing that has no redeeming value whatsoever!

So, today I took Dave to the eye doc, cut out some business cards I printed up, made a list of all my purses with consignment pricing, heated up lunch (leftovers,) braided some leashes, and cut out and prepped a lot of other leashes for braiding...onces I'd like to finish tomorrow. I worked on supper some with Mom, and then did more work in my shop after supper. I came back to the house and helped Dad finish a Scrabble game he was tired of, and sat down here, to talk to y'all! Now I'll finish cleaning the kitchen up, get myself cleaned up and get to bed. Mom doesn't feel well, so I'll be up early tomorrow to babysit. When I write it all out like that, it looks like I've been running all day, but I don't really feel like I've had  busy day. Everything I've done today was done on my time, when I wanted to do it, working around other things that needed doing.

I hope I answered your comment thoroughly enough....maybe even too thoroughly, you think? I knew I'd probably end up going on and on, which is why I decided on a full post to expound!

I have two recipes that I'll be posting soon, and I already have all the pictures ready, so it's just a matter of writing out the recipes and posting them. I'm working really hard on my leatherwork to get to a self-imposed deadline (Friday, actually) so I'll most likely be working at that all day tomorrow. I'll try to squeeze a recipe for y'all in there sometime, though!

See ya! :)

1 comment:

  1. As a mom of 5 young boys, my lazy days are the ones when I "only" get school done and have everyone fed! ;)
    As you know, I don't have all the projects that you do going on, but I feel productive if I get another section of the house organized and clean!!
    And you are just like your daddy!! ;) In a good way, of course. It's just that I could see him saying those same things that you were saying!

    ReplyDelete