Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cumberland Falls

Shortly after we got out of church this morning, Jacob called me and wanted to know if I wanted to go on a hike with them (his family) at Cumberland Falls. I said sure, so as soon as we got home, I changed clothes, threw my church clothes in a bag, grabbed the can of cashews, and tore off like a mad woman on my way to their house. We left their house around 3pm (eastern) and didn't get to the falls until 4:15 or so. We walked around for just about an hour, and then a few of us (me, Jacob, 2 of his brothers, and a sister) headed back to the house so that I could get back to church on time. Well, it didn't quite work out so well...we stopped and got pizzas and ate in the car (and I spilled garlic butter sauce on my skirt,) and there still was no way I was going to be able to go back to Jacob's, clean up and change, and still get to church on time. So we all went to church in our hiking clothes tonight. :) It wasn't a big deal, and Jacob did what he had to do to get me where I needed to be when I needed to be there. He's like that. He takes care of me.

Anyway, I was an idiot and left my camera in my car (which I left at Jacob's house...went back to his house after church to get it) so all I had with me was my iPod to go to Cumberland Falls. That's fine and dandy sometimes, but I really needed my camera today. These iPod pictures just didn't turn out all that great! Jacob's sister took all these pictures of Jacob and me.

I took this one of the Falls...very full and very muddy.
Some cute couple...


I took this one, and I think it turned out pretty cute for one I took myself. That's hard to do!
We had a blast today, even though the schedule got out of whack a bit. Jacob's mom said it well tonight, when we all got back to their house. "You're making memories!"

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!! Looks so fun!!!
    ps. Hot and Readys are the best!
    Très bien

    ReplyDelete