Friday, January 6, 2012

Just for Laughs...

My family made plans for tomorrow so I asked Jacob if he could come today instead of tomorrow. He said yes, so I'm cooking for him. :)

I'm making this dessert right now, so it's ready for this evening. I usually do as much as I can with my cooking before he gets here, so we have more time together. Anyway, so I'm cooking right now.

The recipe says to use a 9-inch baking dish, but I really like the look of the round one. I knew we had a springform pan somewhere, so I dug it out. I didn't know how big it was, so I got a ruler out and measured. I said something like "oh, that's good!!" out loud, even though I'm the only one in the kitchen. Yeah, I'm weird like that. Anyway, Mom's at the table in the dining room, doing school with the boys. She heard my exclamation, so she said "what?"

You know what I said?

"I was worried it wasn't going to be round!"

Seriously, that's what came out. What I meant to say was "I was worried it wasn't going to be 9 inches" but that's not what came out.

Not to worry, the pan IS still round.

I'm blaming it on my cold.  My poor guy has had a cold for a couple weeks now and it's turned into a sinus infection, so we'll be quite the sick, sniffling pair this afternoon. Oh, well...real life! :)

Or maybe it's the excitement/anticipation that always precedes our visits...

Whatever it is, it was a less than brilliant moment for me. I guess I thought y'all might enjoy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment