Monday, November 28, 2011

So, What's New?

I know...I've been a horrible blogger. Hey, give me a break....I've been busy. You know, talking on the phone.

=))

I won't say that I haven't been on the phone a LOT more than, say, 4 months ago, but that's not all I've been doing. We've visited in person, too. :)

Ok, so seriously, we had company over Thanksgiving. My grandpa and his wife came up and spent a few days with us and we all had a blast and ate WAAAY too much food. They got here Wednesday around supper time and left just this morning. Mom and I have had the menu for this visit planned for months...as soon as we found out they were coming, we decided what we were going eat. I'm serious...that's how we roll. We cooked a ton of food and are still working on eating it all.

We're not really big on planning lots of activities for our company, depending on the company, so we didn't have anything planned for while they were here. We just sat around and talked. And talked. And ate. And slept. And then talked, etc. The guys shot some guns and the gals knit and crocheted and watched a girly movie. And then we ate, and then talked. Not that we don't talk while we eat, but I'm not sure how one would type that. Oh, and we drank copious amounts of strong coffee.

My grandpa and his wife also got to meet Jacob Saturday. Our plans were thrown a little out of kilter due to a death in Jacob's family, so they didn't get to spend as much time with Jacob as I had hoped. We had planned on spending Saturday afternoon and nearly all day Sunday together, but Sunday didn't work out. At least they got to meet him. My family loves to embarrass me (I know...hard to believe) so at the supper table Saturday night, my grandpa told Jacob that he had been looking forward to taking a walk with him down to the pond. He said "From what I've heard, I was just sure you could walk across!" Gotta love this sense of humor! Thankfully, Jake's just crazy enough to fit in and understand us! They liked Jacob and we all had a great time.

Earlier in the week last week, Mom and I stopped by the thrift store. You know, one of those ten second, see-if-they-have-any-skirts kind of run. Right. An hour or so later, I had a new skirt (black linen, new with tags...$3) and a new shirt. I saw this shirt that matched one Jake had perfectly, so I just had to have it. Ohhh...shut up already. :) I told Jacob about it and he was nice enough to wear his as well. I just think we look so cute. :) I think the only difference is the sleeves on my shirt have gathers and are a little puffed. Jacob said he could do without the puffs.







We grilled steaks Saturday night and there was one left that wouldn't fit on the grill so Jacob said he'd cook it. I kept him company. :D

So, Jacob's great-grandpa died Thursday. He had the visitation to be at on Sunday and wasn't feeling well, so he couldn't come to church with us like he had planned. The funeral was today, and considering the circumstances, I thought it would be good for me to go. I told Jacob as much, and he said I could go with them. I felt a little funny going with the family, but he said it was fine, so I got up early this morning and headed out to Jacob's. We left his house by 9:30 (eastern time...living this close to the time zone line gets confusing sometimes!) and headed to the funeral home. I got introduced to all kinds of extended family and was quite overwhelmed and embarrassed. Jacob took good care of me though, and it wasn't too awkward. (And I got introduced as his girlfriend. :D) The funeral service was Catholic, which was more awkward and strange than any of the rest of it. After all of the funeral stuff, we had a meal with all the family and then went back to Jacob's house. I sat around and visited with his family (him and his parents mostly) for a couple hours and had a great time. I was worried it would be strange and uncomfortable (I haven't had much time to visit with just his family) but it was great...not awkward at all. I really like spending time with his family....he has a few younger sisters that seem to like me alright. They couldn't decide who was going to sit beside me at lunch (I mean, the other side, not Jacob's side. :) ) and they wanted to be with me in the food line. I like them too, so it's all good. :D

In other news (but really, how interesting is anything else???) I have a lot of sewing and knitting work to get done before Christmas. I have several purses to make and a couple knitting things to work on. Should be interesting...at least busy, if nothing else! The rest of the family will be traveling a good bit for the next few weeks, and we will probably be having our friend from GA coming to visit. We tried to work something out for her to come this week but we were planning on going horseback riding and the weather isn't cooperating...sooo, hopefully the weather will be better next week and we'll get to go then. Jacob is planning on joining me, Dave, and Nicole for the ride, which will be fun. :) You know, I do just love to ride. Honest. :)



Dave and Mom will be gone to a show this weekend, and then Dad will go with them to NC somewhere for some blacksmith thing that has something to do with building a hammer. I'm not too knowledgeable about that part of it...all I know is they'll be gone and I'll feed the folks here while they're gone. :) Soon after they get back (like, the day or maybe two after) we leave for GA and FL for our annual family visiting trip. Fun fun fun! I'm still trying to figure out how I can visit with Jacob the Saturdays we'll be gone... :(

I think I'll shut up for now. I would apologize for my post dripping with Jacob-ness....but....I'm not. I'm not sorry. Sorry. :) You know, he told me to quit making him sound so great. Well...hm...he sorta is great. :D

Talk to y'all later!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering if you had a black skirt. If you didn't before, you do now! I'm also wondering. . .but I'll that by phone or e-mail.

    ReplyDelete