Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Input???

Ok, so I need s a little input, y'all! I'm cooking for my guy Saturday, of course, and I'm sorta drawing a blank about what to cook. This isn't good.

Let's see...so far I've made Slop, Pizzas, Chicken Burritos, Chili, Shrimp with Angel Hair pasta...I'm sure there's a few things I'm forgetting! So, what else can I make for him? I'm thinking I'll make a skillet cookie for dessert...haven't made that for him yet. I'm shooting for impressive, of course. :)

A couple weeks ago I asked Dave what I should make and he said Chicken Tetrazzini. That's like what you throw together when there's nothing else in the house...so I'm not making that.

I asked Jacob what he wanted and he said "anything you cook is good!" Sweet, but it didn't help me narrow it down at all!

Hm...I guess I could make some different pizzas. He asked not too long ago when I was making pizzas again, so he'd like that. (Which is what I'm shooting for here, you know.) Last time I made a regular, tomato sauce, pepperoni, sausage, etc pizza and a chicken one with alfredo sauce. I could make a BBQ chicken one and maybe a bacon one or something. He said he liked a ham and pineapple one so I could try that...never done that before. It would be a nice surprise for him. :)

Or I could make Chicken Nachos...that was really good and he loves Mexican food. Which is a good thing, because so do I.

Oh, and speaking of thinking alike and everything, we finally found something we really, totally, and completely disagree on. Like, complete opposite ideas here. It's terrible. The crazy man eats salt on his cantaloupe!!! I just don't know what I'm going to do! Yes, seriously, that's all we've disagreed on so far. :)

Ok, so audience participation here: if you were having an incredibly handsome, sweet, adorable, smart, kind, amazing man over (coming just to see you and spend time with you) what would YOU make for him this Saturday?  I'm pretty sure I'll be making skillet cookie for dessert, but that doesn't have a whole lot to do with what we're having for supper.

Let's see...I guess I should probably talk a little bit about what I'm up to. I did some sewing last week and Friday I took a few things down to the local-ish store that carries my stuff. I also went to friends' house and we sat around and talked and sang a little. That was a lot of fun...something different for me...never have had friends to hang out with or anything really!

Jacob was here Saturday, of course. He's been really busy helping folks out, so he didn't get here until a little later Saturday. He was plumbing a neighbors' house for him. We went on a walk down the road and then came back and ate supper. I made another Apple Pie (Dad's request) but I wasn't entirely happy with the way it turned out. It tasted fine, but the sauce didn't really sink in like it was supposed to. I used half whole wheat flour and half regular flour in the crust and it turned out beautifully. MUCH better than all whole wheat. Mom and Dave got home from a craft fair Saturday evening and Jake got to see how silly everyone is when they're all trying to tell stories about the weekend all at once.

On Sunday, a couple of Jacob's siblings had a birthday party, so he invited me to come to his house Sunday afternoon. I drove my car to church and then went straight over to his house afterwards. (It's faster that way than coming home and then going to his house.) I got there about an hour before everyone else, so I held the baby (his youngest brother) while everyone else did stuff to get ready for other folks to come over. I feel at home with his family and they treat me like one of them. It's taking me some getting used to to make myself at home in someone else's family but it's coming along nicely. :) There weren't a whole lot of people there Sunday afternoon....just an aunt and uncle, a couple cousins, and some neighbors, and I had a great time. We sat around the table and ate a tone of food and talked for hours. A little while before I left they started playing Apples to Apples and Jacob and I were on a team together. (;) ) We're a good team. I think we picked the same card every single time! I left before the game was over so I could get back to church in time, but I had a wonderful time.

My friend Nicole decided not to come this week due to the nasty weather here. :( We'll have to try to plan something when the weather will cooperate a little better! I don't think early December's a good time for optimum weather cooperation! Now that everyone had their sights set on horseback riding, we'll definitely have to do something about it before too long.

What else....well, Mom's got jury duty in town for the next couple days, and then they're leaving for NC Thursday. They'll be back the following Monday, and we leave for GA next Wednesday. Busy busy busy! I'll be sure to take a gazillion pictures while we're gone this year so that I can post a few for y'all. It's always nice to be in Florida at the end of December! Last year we had to leave here a day early to escape a nasty winter storm, and I think it was 60* when we got to FL! Of course, I've never had to leave a certain special someone behind, so I'm sure that's going to put a damper on things for me. In the past couple months we've never had to miss a week...we've seen each other at least once a week. Not I'll be gone for two whole huge weeks.

See? No matter what I talk about now, I still bring Jacob up! :D I'm just in a mess, aren't I? A beautiful mess, nonetheless. :)

Alrighty, I'm gonna wrap this up. I need to get some more pictures of us, but it's getting dark so early and Jake's been so busy, we don't have much daylight left when he gets here. Yesterday he said he wouldn't be so busy now so maybe he could get here earlier. Maybe I can get Titus to get some pictures of us this week. I'd rather take pictures outside but I guess it doesn't really matter...we could get ones inside too. I'll have to post some pictures of him helping and keeping me company in the kitchen. It's so great!

Talk to y'all later! Oh, please do help me out about the supper thing! I need input!

5 comments:

  1. I'd go with the pizza for today. Some other ideas:

    Fajitas: http://bit.ly/vGAdCu

    Pita bread sandwiches with hummus: http://bit.ly/tbncTp

    Tigua Chili: http://bit.ly/sVV7i9

    Smoked brisket: http://bit.ly/vDPP4q

    Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! The fajitas would be good sometime, but I just did the Chicken Burritos this past Saturday, so I'll keep the fajitas in mind for sometime later! It's been forever since I made pita bread...I should do that sometime. They're good for picnics, too. Hm...I don't have any brisket, and Jake's not big on spicy food. All of it looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recently and it was REALLY yummy!!
    http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2008/02/end-of-chicken-parmesan-as-you-know-it.html

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tacos are good, but maybe that is too close to burritos. BBQ sandwiches? (I probably just have that on my mind because that is probably what I’ll be cooking this Saturday!)What about lasagna?

    I think the weather has been nasty everywhere. Some younger siblings of my friends further north were canoeing in their back yard! It is rainy here as well. Now I understand the meaning of a “rain check”! However, I would just enjoy a visit, horseback ridding or not and have sighed a many a time yesterday thinking how nice it would be to be with y’all just playing scrabble or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting "story" so far. :) Can't wait to hear more.

    Two rather fancy suggestions that I usually make on special occasions or because a family member specifically requested it:

    Beef and Portobello Mushroom Turnovers (found in the King Arthur Whole Grain Baking Book, if you have it)

    Lemon Garlic Chicken with Potatoes (http://greekfood.about.com/od/poultrydishes/r/kotopouloskorth.htm)

    Have fun this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete