Friday, July 13, 2012

Fudge Brownies

Hey, look...I'm posting a recipe! It's been a while, hasn't it? I really need to dig up my archives because there are a gazillion (that's a lot) recipe posts on there that I should repost. It's just a lot of work and not very fun, so I haven't had the inclination to do it. Besides, my time online these days usually has other direction...starts with a W.

So anyhow, how about some fudge brownies? They're yummy!

Ok, so I decided to get all the ingredients out and make a picture of that. That's fine and dandy, if you remember all the ingredients. So here's a picture of about 3/4 of the ingredients. Blond.
So, start out my melting together 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar. I split the sugar and used half regular and half brown. I put it directly in a skillet to melt them together.
I had an issue when I measured out the butter.
The only other butter I had was frozen at the time, so I made it up with lard. Mmmmmm.
Get that melting all together...
In the meantime, mix together 2 eggs, 3/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper...I'm just kidding...1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon or so of instant coffee and 1 tablespoon of vanilla...
Cocoa...
Salt...
Baking powder...
Instant coffee...whaddya mean, that's not a teaspoon???
Vanilla...
Now whisk all that together. Hahaha. Very funny. That totally did not work.
So I added another egg. What could that hurt a fudgey brownie?
Better.
Now, my sugar and butter mix has melted together and I removed it from the heat and let it cool a little. Use a bigger spoon than I did, will ya?
Caution: when removing metal spoons from molten sugar/butter, spoon will be hot. Caramelized sugar particles will stick to your fingers and burn the living fire out of you. 

Just saying.

So, add that stuff to the eggy, cocoa-y mix. Making up words is fun.
Mix that all up well...or until blurry.
Now stir in 3/4 cup of flour...
And 1 cup of chocolate chips. Now, I have a fundamental problem with dirtying more dishes than necessary,  so I just heaped the 3/4 cup measuring cup I'd already used. :)
 Pour into a greased 9x9 baking dish...
Spread it out nicely...
Lick the spoon. Sorry, forgot to get a picture of that step. 

Now bake at 350* for 35-ish minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick or knife or whatever sharp thingy you stick in it comes out relatively clean. The chocolate chips will be gooey so it won't ever been all the way clean. And you can decide how fudgy you want it...take it out a little earlier if you want. I left mine in too long. :(

And I forgot to get any more pictures of it after I baked it. Hey, give me a break...I had company. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Those brownies look sooooo delicious. Wish I had one right now.

    ReplyDelete