Friday, September 9, 2016

Anniversary!

This was written Sept. 2nd...it didn't publish when I tried to publish it, apparently! The joys of phone internet... 


Yesterday was our fourth anniversary. Somehow it doesn't seem near that long ago that we got married. Time flies when you're having fun, right? Here's one of my favorite pictures from our big day. He's so cute. 

We didn't do anything yesterday...Jacob went to work and I did housework and laundry and fed and cleaned and took care of kids and cooked...an extremely ordinary day, really. (We may go off somewhere for the day over the weekend) I did splurge on supper (seriously...have you bought a block of Parmesan lately?!) and I made Shrimp Tortellini Alfredo, Creamed Spinach, and Stuffed Mushrooms, with a Chocolate Cream Pie for dessert. We ate and watched Little House on the Prairie with the kids. Romantic! 😏  My pie crust turned out ugly but it sure tasted good. 😎

We had time together after the kids went to bed, but that wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I figured out a long time ago that kids going to bed the same time we did was not going to work for us. Now at least Aaron and Chloe are in the bed at 8pm and most of the time Oliver goes to sleep shortly after that. That leaves Jacob and me a couple hours together alone every night. 

Jacob bought me a bracelet as an anniversary gift. I got him a cheesy coffee mug that says "hello there handsome" My bracelet is just gorgeous...it has opals! (And yes, that's his ring on my thumb. He asked if I wanted it back and we were being goofy)

So, here we are. Four years later and more in love than ever. Here's to many many more! 😍




No comments:

Post a Comment