Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Just Me


I'm making bread. I've gotten out of the habit and I'm not sure why. Guess it's easier to buy a loaf at the store but the cheap ones don't taste good and the expensive ones are just that. And none of them are as healthy as homemade. It's a gorgeous day today...my door is open because our house is hot. It got pretty cool in here last night so Jacob built a fire in our stove before he went to work this morning. It warmed it up a little more than necessary so I've had the door open. Our dog (a miniature dachshund, Lizzie) took that as an invitation to watch me work in the kitchen. The kids are asleep and we're almost of bread so I decided to make some. I'd forgotten how much I liked kneading it...only I have to chuckle now as the bread bowl bumps repeatedly into my once again growing belly. Yep...there's another little Ellis on the way. This one's a boy...we didn't announce it (although I'm sure people thought I was sure getting fat) until a couple weeks ago. We went and got an ultrasound just because we thought it would be neat...and it was. Having homebirths with a midwife, I usually don't have ultrasounds, but we wanted to take a peek and see what this one would be. I'm 18 weeks now...nearly halfway there. Baby boy should make his arrival sometime around the middle of March. 

Life is pretty much normal these days. Busy with a husband and two little kids and housework and all the things that that entails. In my spare time I do a little custom sewing...anything from baby gifts to curtains to skirts. I would trade it all for anything. This is the life. 😊

3 comments:

  1. I just had to catch up looking at some pictures on here. I tend to forget you have this blog. . . .Maybe because you don't post on here enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new baby!! Such a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kayla!

    My family and I visited you and your family quite a few years ago. It's been an awfully long time since I've commented, but I just wanted to say congratulations on the little one due very soon! I actually got married last year, and we're expecting our first baby in the beginning of April! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness to His people, to continue to sustain us and bring us together in marriage, raising up new families!

    ReplyDelete